Saturday, May 11, 2013

Blog #3-3 (topic chosen)

I decided to do a mix of different people during the civil rights period. I will compare and contrast the effects of violence and non violence protesting and which one was more effective or if both were unnecessary in the battle. In particular, I am going to write about Martin Luther King Jr.and Booker T. Washington on the non violence side, and Malcom X and W.E.B. DuBois on the violent and more forceful side.


Having taken African American History last semester, I know a lot about Washington and DuBois and how they contradicted one another. For primary sources I will use both DuBois's book The Souls of Black Folk, Washington's book Up from Slavery, Malcom X's autobiography, and Martin Luther's I Have A Dream speech. I will also use secondary sources that compare the tactics of each of these men and the influences they had on society and the knowledge I already know from the previous semester. 


1 comment: